Berlin Kreativ Kollektiv e.V. is proud to announce the launch of
Please join us and celebrate the launch of Makers Matter!
Wednesday 27th September 2017
19:00 – 21:00
Design Jungle Pop-Up, Bernauer Straße 49, 10435 Berlin
The evening is hosted in collaboration with the Design Jungle Pop-Up, which features the works of 30 of Berlin’s most talented makers. We invite you to join us and discover more about the project, meet the partners behind it, and learn how you can make your mark. Come raise a celebratory glass with us and become a part of Makers Matter!
What is Makers Matter?
Makers Matter is a one-year research project made possible by the Etsy Maker Cities Grant Program, dedicated to discovering, understanding and helping the maker community of Berlin.
Makers Matter will work with the local Berlin creative community to establish the following:
- Who makes up the maker community of Berlin?
- What inspires and drives our local makers?
- How can we properly value the contribution of small creative businesses to the Berlin economy?
- What are the biggest challenges faced by small creative businesses in Berlin?
- Which are the best possible strategies for overcoming these challenges?
- How can we make sure these solutions will continue to evolve to help future makers?
Over the next year, Makers Matter will work with both Berlin makers and local government to get to the bottom of what makes our creatives tick, to understand what their greatest struggles are, and to find the most effective ways possible to overcome them.
Makers Matter will be led by Emma Wood, Annemarie Schumacher and Iris Pohlgeers from the BKK. The project is funded by the Etsy Maker Cities program and will be run in cooperation with local representatives from the Wirtschaftsförderung and the Senatsverwaltung für Kultur und Europa, as well as coopolis GmbH.
In Partnership With